The magic is in the movement. CrossFit workouts differ every day and are modified to help each athlete achieve their goals. CrossFit movements are adapted for people at any age and level of fitness or for those with injuries or other movement constraints. It is literally for anyone and everyone can start at any time. You don’t need to be fit to start getting fit!
What is CrossFit?
THE KEY TO HEALTH AND FITNESS
CrossFit is an exercise regime, a sport, and a lifestyle characterized by safe, effective exercise and sound nutrition. It can be used to accomplish any goal, from improved health to weight loss to better performance. The program works for everyone — people who are just starting out and people who have trained for years.
CrossFit is both a form of exercise and a sport, bringing together the best of both worlds. As a form of exercise, it ticks all the right boxes:
- A diverse combination of movements to exercise all muscle groups in the right proportions
- Varied duration and rep schemes for workouts to get a range of intensity and exercise stimulus
- A mixture of group and individual workouts to keep things interesting and fun!
As a sport, CrossFit is one of the fastest-growing in the world, for good reason:
- It involves a range of simple and complex movements which means it is accessible for beginners and offers a lot of room for progression as members progress through their journey
- We build a real sports club atmosphere, with people working out in groups to maintain motivation and give a community feel to your everyday workout routine
- The sport generates a gentle competitive drive amongst friends and members, which helps to keep things interesting and gives people something to aim for beyond their own personal physical abilities.
- When practiced well, CrossFit involves far fewer injuries than many other sports, especially contact sports, which means CrossFit athletes compete well into their advanced years at 65+.
THE CROSSFIT LIFESTYLE
The CrossFit lifestyle — a combination of sound nutrition and exercise — is the key to fitness and long-term health. We all know we can’t exercise our way out of a bad diet but your CrossFit community can help you achieve a healthier lifestyle including elements of health and well-being beyond the gym floor, especially better nutrition. Despite what many “weight-loss challenges” will drive you towards, good nutrition does NOT involve simply eating fewer calories and working out while hungry … many people actually find they eat more food once they start training and still manage to maintain their health goals.
THE CROSSFIT COMMUNITY
Your support network. At thousands of affiliates around the world, people encourage and motivate each other in every class as they work toward their goals. Start training with friends. Make new friends. The fun is in the community.
Check out more at CrossFit Inc